- Works for some older MindTouch sites created before November 2017 that show Options > Export or Import here in the MindTouch toolbar.
- Will not appear for newer sites deployed with Guided Content Framework.
- Exporting and importing pages via an MTARC file is intended for page files that are 50 MB or less. To move content larger than 50 MB, contact MindTouch Support.
Export existing MindTouch content
- From the MindTouch Toolbar, select Options > Export.
- If applicable, check the Export all children of this page as well checkbox to export the current page (or Category or Guide) along with its subpages.
- Click Download exported archive to download the MTARC file onto your computer.
Import existing MindTouch content
- Navigate to the page in your MindTouch site under which you want to import the content and select Options > Import here from the MindTouch Toolbar.
- Click Choose File, find your downloaded MTARC file, and import as prompted.
Exported pages: Links will export in the same format that they appear in your content source code. Most links within your MindTouch site are set as relative links while links to pages outside your MindTouch site are full path URLs. The links will be viewable as part of the source code and are not clickable hyperlinks until content is imported back into a MindTouch site.
Imported pages: All links that reference pages within the imported content will automatically update to reflect the current path where the content is imported. Any links that reference pages outside of the imported content will continue to point to the specified location.
Extract the contents of an MTARC file
- An MTARC is really a ZIP file. Rename your MTARC file and give it the ".zip" extension.
- Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all to create a folder structure of the MTARC contents.
- Open the package XML file to view the summary of the contents.
- To navigate the actual contents of the MTARC file, open the relative folder.
- To view the HTML contents of the actual page, view the page file: