The Site History Report helps you identify when a page was changed and who made the edits, to provide a quick overview of how your site has changed.
- Site history captures specific events that occurred on the site and displays them chronologically.
- If multiple events occurred in the same day to a page, an expandable link will provide further information.
- By default, Expert loads only 500 revisions, but as you scroll down and are able to see the 500th revision, an additional 500 revisions will load.
Use the Site History Report
- The Title column displays the date of the event and a clickable title with path.
- The Time column displays the time of the event.
- If multiple events occurred on the same day for a page, the event collapses into one row. Click (more) to display all events that took place for that day.
- The Author column displays who made the changes. Click on the display name to display the user contributions associated with that user.
- The Revision summary displays a short summary of changes.
Events captured in report
- Reverting a page
- Copying a page
- Moving a page
- Deleting a page
- Restoring a deleted page
- Creating a new page
- Reverting to a previous version of the page
- Reverting page conflicts related to files
- Updating the contents of a page
- Updating the display name for the page
- Resetting the URL and display name of the page to be the same
- Changing the capitalization of any letters in the URL for a page
- Restoring a deleted file
- Copying a file
- Moving a file
- Deleting a file
- Adding a new version of a file
- Attaching a new file
- Creating a new description or custom property for a file
- Updating a description or custom property for a file
- Deleting a description or custom property for a file
- Creating a new page property
- Deleting a page property
- Updating a page property
- Updating permissions for a page
- Removing grants from permissions
- Adding new grant(s) to permissions
- Adding or deleting a tag on a page
Changes made using the Find & Replace bulk editing feature will appear the same as individual user contributions. For example, if Find & Replace substituted one word for another, the Revision summary will say "1 words added, 1 words removed" and the Author will be the user who ran the Find & Replace job.
Download the report
If you do not see an option to download the report, contact the Support Team.
- From the Site History Report, scroll down to the Report download section.
- Select a month from the menu and click Download.
- If needed, unzip the .csv.gz file that downloads.
|Time||time stamp||Format: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss
Clock: 24 hrs
Time Zone: UTC
|Page Path||string||Location of page, in the format xxx/xxx/xxx/...|
|Page ID||number||Unique page identifier.|
|User ID||number||Unique user identifier.|
|Comment||string||Message entered into the "Why are you making this edit?" field.|
|Words Added||number||Number of words added within a single edit.|
|Words Removed||number||Number of words deleted within a single edit.|
|Structural Changes||number||Non-character related format changes.|
|Attribute Changes||number||Character related format changes.|
|Diff Too Large||boolean||Reports 'true' if changes are too large to report in Draft History.|
|From Path||string||Location from which page was moved or copied, in the format xxx/xxx/xxx/...|