- Category page - Highest level of content organization
- Guide page - Subsection of a Category
- Topic, How-To, or Reference page - Articles to publish within Guides
Add new page templates
Aside from the standard page templates, you can also add page templates to your site. These are useful if you use specific document types often and want to standardize your content's formatting or behavior across the same page type.
New Page Templates that you create will appear as options in the Add New Page dialog, and they can be customized or hidden as needed.
Hide new page templates
- Go to Dashboard > Site Administration > Template Directory.
- Open the template you want to hide.
- Click Options > Restrict access > Private.
Any Draft Contributors, Authors, and Editors who try to create new pages will not see these options unless you explicitly give them permission.
This will not hide New Page Templates from Admins because Admins have access to all pages.