► Video: Add a Guide
Creating your first Guide
Used below Category pages, a Guide is the page type that organizes Topic, How-To, and Reference pages.
- Navigate to the page under which you want to create a new Guide. A new Guide page should only be created under a Category page.
- On the toolbar, click New
- Select the Guide template. (The Guide template is only available under a Category page).
- Depending on whether you want to create the page live or as a draft, select either the Create live or Create draft radio button. (You will be able to publish the draft to your live site at a later time.)
- Click Create.
Adding content to your Guide
- Add a Page Title
- Page Summary DekiScript: It is optional to delete this widget. If deleted, the Page Summary and Thumbnail in the Page Settings will not show up on the page.
- Any default content on the page can be deleted and replaced with your own content.
- Do not delete the Navigation Widget.
Adding a Guide Tab
Once you've created the Guide, you need to add in at least one tab. To get you started, add the Article Directory tab. In the next section- Guide Tabs, we will dive into the differences between the available guide tabs.
Expert structure dictates that articles exist within guides. Guide tabs allow organizational control over how you are presenting the articles.
To add your first Guide Tab:
- Click the Plus (+) icon
- Choose the Article Directory options
- Then click Add new tab